Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Week 3 Integrative Learning: Portfolio Revisions & Strategy

The purpose of this assignment is to analyze where we see our next steps after graduation and to be aware of our skills, our new found knowledge, and how to best market ourselves moving forward.
Although I am not new to the industry, understanding this is crucial at any point in my career.

Upon graduation, I will continue to hone my skills in web design, or perhaps, hire a web designer to really enhance my brand. I am proud of the portfolio I've created but being that I have been working in the industry for almost two decades and feel like my brand is strong, I am not quite as confident in the way my portfolio represents me. Although it's decent, I think my brand is much stronger and I don't quite have the skills to put that on a website. I would love a really strong site that is not a Wix template. Since I have so many years of experience as well as a unique blend of talents, I think my website would be more credible if it were not a templated site.

I would love to add clips to my portfolio of each project I've done. On my acting page, I'm proud of the reel I have but I don't have one for my producing. I am working on this for my final project but have noticed that it is quite difficult to find footage of the work that I've done in production. Moving forward, I think it would be great to have footage of myself when I work behind the scenes on a set to show that I can transition from talent to producer.

Although I am not sure a portfolio website will help me in my career journey, I am open minded in keeping it updated in case my career path or technologies change. As an actor, producer, and AD - most work I get is through my agent or through word of mouth. I do love the idea of having one place for all my work in case someone is looking to see what my skill set is. The way people hire can change with time and culture and I will definitely try to keep it as updated as possible and hopefully learn how to create an even more dynamic website to truly represent me, my brand, and my talents.

No comments:

Post a Comment