Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Week 2 Integrative Learning: Scanning Your Resume

I had never heard of JobScan prior to this assignment and found the results quite interesting. The purpose of this assignment is to be more aware of how our resume is viewed by employers, recruiters, and be more aware of what the market is looking for. I want to be as presentable and hireable as possible.

For the first one, an executive producer job at Skystorm productions, had my match rate at only 51%
I have been producing for over 12 years and although I thought I was qualified, it mentioned I was missing some hard and soft skills.

The second job I scanned, a Project Manager position in Experience Development for Universal Orlando is a job I was pretty sure I was not qualified for but would love to be considered for in the future. It was less than 20% match rate but also opened my eyes to what skills I would need to develop if I ever wanted a job like this. Its fascinating too that Project Management is not listed on my resume as I have it tailored more as a producer resume. I have worked as a project manager for over 10 years and makes me realize that I need to create a resume for that skill set as well as my producing skill set.

This assignment was eye opening, fascinating, and although I am not looking for a job, will definitely be bookmarking this website when I do want to advance in my career.

No comments:

Post a Comment